(Washington, DC, Thursday, April 11, 2019) – April is National Social Security Month, a great time for your listeners to hear about what they can do online with a my Social Security account. In addition to learning about the benefits they have earned, they can request a replacement Social Security card, check the status of their Social Security benefit application, set up or change direct deposit, get a benefit verification letter, and more.
For over 80 years, Social Security has been helping people maintain a higher quality of life and a level of independence. Social Security provides benefits to more than 65 million of your listeners, including seniors, wounded warriors and children, the chronically ill and the disabled who cannot work. Over the decades, Social Security has made it even easier to securely access its programs and benefits online and put people in control of their future.
With a my Social Security account, listeners can:
- Get their Social Security Statement
- Estimate their Social Security benefits
- Verify their earnings history
- Request a replacement Social Security card
- Set up or change their direct deposit
- Obtain a benefit verification letter
- Change their address and phone number, if they are getting benefits
- Check the status of their Social Security benefits application
- Get a Social Security 1099 form (SSA-1099)
National Social Security Month is the time to explore the free and secure services available anytime, anywhere with a my Social Security account at www.socialsecurity.gov/mysocialsecurity.