How to Easily Pull Together the Best Food, Drinks, Games and Activities
Darcy Miller, Martha Stewart Editor, Author of CELEBRATE EVERYTHING!
(New York, NY, Tuesday, August 8, 2017) – It’s the best time of year for outdoor entertaining – the kids are still out of school, summer is in full swing and you want to create some backyard memories! Martha Stewart editor, author of CELEBRATE EVERYTHING!, crafter and all around “party person” Darcy Miller is partnering with new sparkling beverage IZZE FUSIONS to share her best tips for planning an outdoor barbecue this summer season!
The best elements of a backyard barbeque are friends and family, good food, refreshing drinks and maybe a couple of fun crafts for the kids and games that everyone can enjoy.
First – make your food and drinks look great, in order to share with friends and family on social, and taste even better!
- Everyone loves a good burger – whether it is beef or a veggie burger – you can put out a “burger bar” with assorted toppings like different cheeses, condiments, onion, tomato, lettuce, and whatever else you love on a burger.
- And on a hot summer day, a refreshing drink is always in order! IZZE FUSIONS has some flavorful sparkling beverages in Orange Mango, Lemon Lime and Strawberry Melon. Spruce things up with fun mix-ins like fresh fruit, herbs and even colorful custom straws with clip art that guests will love!
- Add some colorful ice pops and a fresh fruit platter – and your guests will be happy.
Next – if kids are joining, it’s always nice to have a few activities to keep them entertained. Here are some fun ones to consider:
- DIY mosquito repellent bracelets: So simple to make! You’ll need suede cords, scissors, citronella and beads (optional).
- DIY flying discs: With some paint and paint brushes, you can customize your own flying saucer, then use it to play with friends at the barbecue!
- Toy hoops: Customize your own toy hoops with colorful tape – play with them at the barbecue, hang them from the trees outside and take them home, to enjoy long after the party is over.
And finally, once everyone has eaten and the kids have completed some crafts, everyone can join in a game of flamingo ring toss, using these lawn ornaments as a fun activity for all. For a full list of Darcy’s suggestions, including supplies needed and instructions – visit darcymillerdesigns.com.
For more information on IZZE FUSIONS – visit IZZE.com.