Tech Expert Jennifer Jolly Shares Her Top Picks
Jennifer Jolly, Consumer Tech Expert
(Palo Alto, CA, Thursday, May 26, 2016) – Bring on fun in the sun and the lazy days of summer! Today, consumer tech expert Jennifer Jolly is sharing some of her favorite picks for the summer season and beyond. With new technology emerging all the time, you might wonder when it’s the right time to splurge and when is it better to save your hard earned money? Whether you’re considering a splurge on your next tech toy or looking for steals and deals, Jennifer has some solid advice for you.
- Splurge-worthy – A laptop still tops the gadget go-to list for most people, so Jennifer says this is a time to splurge. The new 13” HP Spectre is one of the best new notebooks we’ll see this year—the world’s thinnest laptop is a mere 10.4 mm and weighs less than 2 ½ pounds. This little piece of luxury has impressive design with a beautiful carbon fiber and aluminum case on the outside and super speedy Intel Core i5 or i7 processors on the inside. Not only is HP Spectre great looking, its powerful running intense apps, great at multitasking, and offers incredible value for the money. HP Spectre is available on May 29 at Best Buy or www.hp.com with a starting price of $1250.
- Save-savvy – Headphones are another must-have for a lot of folks. For a save, Jennifer suggests checking out the Marshall Major II Bluetooth connected headphones—you can tune in and rock out for less than $100. The dynamic drivers are tuned for excellence across the sound spectrum—and last more than 30 hours on a single charge. The double ended coil cord with mic and remote is detachable and compatible with any music player with a 3.5 mm jack. Or you can listen wirelessly and share audio with a friend. Not only do you get a great music experience, phone functionality is also included so you can answer, reject or end a call with a few clicks. These headphones are available at some online retailers for about $70.
- Splurge-worthy – the action camera market is still smoking hot and when it comes to capturing life’s adventures, you don’t want to pinch pennies. The $400 GoPro Hero 4 Silver is a great option whether you’re a professional or casual shooter. The built in LCD touch display lets you control the camera, frame a shot and play back content. And built in Wo-Fi and Bluetooth makes sharing a breeze. This camera provides amazing video quality and the option to shoot in 720p or 1080p, and you can take 12 MP photos at a staggering 30 frames per second. Added bonus—it’s waterproof to more than 100 feet.
- Save-savvy – You can spend a fortune on the latest, hottest, smart home devices. Or, you can save and get the Amazon Echo. It’s a hands-free, voice activated smart speaker and robot-like virtual assistant that you’ll have doing all kinds of tricks in no time. “She” will manage your schedule, recommend recipes, play your favorite songs, dim the lights, order groceries and more – all for less than $200. Check it out at www.Amazon.com.
- Splurge-worthy – Make a big splash this summer with this “smart” stand-up paddle board. Paddle boarding is one of the fastest-growing sports in the world, but boards are typically large and take up a lot of space, can be hard to transport and can cost thousands of dollars. This SipaBoard Neo Air is the world’s first integrated self-inflating stand up paddle board with a rechargeable battery, magnetic switch and self-inflating pump. It stores in its own carrying case, folding up nice and small when compared to other boards. At $590 for pre-orders, the Neo is more expensive than a blow-up pool-toy, but hits a real sweet spot for adventure, exercise or relaxation. Check out www.sipaboards.com for more.
- Save-savvy – Last but not least, the Kingii is a steal of a deal that could actually save your life. The wrist-worn gadget looks like something out of a James Bond movie but is essentially an underwater airbag. Enclosed in a large, cuff-like bracelet with a rectangular pouch about the size of a smart phone, it weighs less than five ounces. If you’re out on your Sipa board or just playing poolside and get into trouble, one tug on the bracelet triggers the CO2 cartridge and out pops this flotation device that lifts you to the surface in a matter of seconds. This life-saver is available at www.kingii.com for just under $90, a small price to pay for extra peace of mind.
For more on all of Jennifer’s top picks for summer, check out her website at www.jenniferjolly.com.