Advanced Protection Features in Office 365 Home & Personal Safeguard Your Sensitive Data
Seth Patton, General Manager Office 365, Microsoft
(Redmond, WA, Thursday, April 5, 2018) Today, Microsoft is announcing new, advanced protection capabilities to Office 365 Home & Personal to help protect you and your family’s personal information and safeguard your sensitive data. With the growing presence and sophistication of online threats like viruses, ransomware and phishing scams, it’s increasingly important that consumers have the right protection and tools to help prevent devices and data from being compromised.
This tax season, it’s critical to be aware of potential threats and scams and take steps to make sure your information is protected. Here are some ways Microsoft and Office 365 are keeping you safe:
- With OneDrive, Microsoft provides a protected, central place to store receipts and tax forms like your W2.
- Users now have the ability to restore files in OneDrive if they are ever compromised by malicious attacks like ransomware.
- The ability to encrypt and even prevent emails from being forwarded to someone else when you need to share sensitive information. These new features in Outlook.com provide an added layer of protection.
- Password protected sharing links in OneDrive to help ensure that only those intended will have access to your documents.
- Advanced link checking as additional protection from viruses and cybercrime.