New Offers Available in the Windows Store
Lisa Gurry, Senior Director, Windows
(Redmond, WA, Thursday, May 26, 2016) – Summer is a busy time of year – the kids are out of school, family vacations and many of us head out to explore new destinations – and more than 38 million Americans will be traveling this holiday weekend. To help you start your summer off right and to celebrate more than 6.5 billion visitors to the Windows Store, Microsoft is announcing their Ready, Set, Summer Sale collection, available now through June 6th.
Since the launch of Windows 10 less than one year ago, we’ve seen great momentum in the Windows Store with the addition of titles like Twitter, Quantum Break, Facebook, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, Hulu and Vine. As part of the Ready, Set, Summer collection, you can take advantage of great deals to keep your family entertained and connected all summer long:
Summer Travel App Necessities
- Earth 3D, where you can explore political and physical maps, and weather of an upcoming destination. The app is 50% off during this promotion.
- KVADPhoto+ PRO will help retouch your trip photos, including filters, color and text tools, enhancement features and more. The app is now 50% off.
Games to Keep the Kids Entertained on the Road
- Discounts on in-app purchases in puzzle adventure Candy Crush Soda Saga or build your tropical island and discover seaport life in Paradise Bay.
- Play games and activities while learning about colors with Crayola Bubbles, available for $0.99.
- 50% off of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta to help you get a jump start on building that shelter to protect you from the monsters.
- 30% off of a starter pack for Kings of Thieves, as you become the wealthiest thief in the world.
Summer Movie Nights
- Pre-order Capital America: Civil War, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, and X-Men: Apocalypse.
- Or, download Deadpool, Finding Nemo, Now You See Me, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Roots, among many others.
Music Festival Prep
- Download albums from Ellie Goulding, LCD Soundsystem, M83, Halsey, Chvrches, and others for only $6.99
- Download Media Player Gold – available for only $5.99 – to watch the latest music videos or listen to the newest music from festival headliners
- Listen to Pandora’s special summer-themed stations.