(Juno Beach, FL, Monday, May 8, 2017) - Are you prepared for hurricane season? Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has a plan to respond to hurricanes and urges its customers to have a plan, too. During 2016, Hurricanes Hermine and Matthew demonstrated the importance of Floridians being ready and having a plan before, during and after severe weather strikes. May 7 â€“ 13 is Hurricane Preparedness Week. FPL is offering tips on what your listeners can do to get ready and keep their families safe, such as:
- How customers can prepare before, during and after a storm threatens;
- Generator safety tips;
- FPLâ€™s power restoration plan;
- How technology helps reduce power outages;
- Key storm preparation checklist items; and
- How to communicate with FPL following a storm.